While the State Legislature begins the process of passing meaningful legislation to establish our Broadband Office, Master Broadband Plan, and Mapping, such as is outlined in Senate Bill 506 and House Bill 1446. It is also imperative that leaders test-pilot a program that could be beneficial and foundation to the success of such legislation.
Coonect2Educate has developed a three-point Quick-Win plan for texans to get connected to the internet. Texans deserve to see an actual solution, and fast – both in speed and deployment.
Our plan is simple:
- Identify (3) Rural Counties
- Connect 10,000 Texans Connected to the internet for
(school, workforce development, telemedicine, etc..)
- Provide Service, Support, and Connectivity for 3-Years
- Rapid Deployment within 6-Months of Approval
- Cost: Less than $7,000 per user TOTAL(for all 3 years combined)
Legislation we fully SUPPORT:
- HB 1446 (HB 5) by Rep Trent Ashby
- SB 506 (SB 5) by Sen Robert Nichols
- The “Eliminate the Digital Divide Act”
(by Congressman Roger Williams & Senator John Cornyn)
WE NEED YOU:
Key Legislators to help put the pieces into place, so we can test pilot this plan.